Thursday, September 5, 2013

bedroom before & (temporary) after!

Stormy day here on the west coast - my dying lilac in a pot is getting a good drink!


This was our sad little bedroom shortly after moving in.  It was much much smaller than our previous bedroom and because of that, we had to give up some very valuable storage space in the form of my prized antique walnut dresser.  Thankfully my sister gave that a good home.
After a few coats of paint and some polka dot wall decals, we have an inhabitable bedroom!

         

         



We painted the walls Tulle White by CIL, which is a very light, blue toned grey.  The wall behind the bed is Design Time also by CIL and depending on the light, reads as a lilac-mauve colour or a darker grey.  I wanted to keep accent colours to a minimum as the polka-dots and lilac do scream feminine and a man does sleep in this room. 




















We've lived with the room as is for a few months now and I'm not 100% sold.  Definitely an improvement but I'm really liking the more moody and modern bedrooms popping up here and there.  Lots of navy, black and white, antique golds, bronze and wood tones.  I sense another re-do coming our way.